Wednesday, February 4, 2015
How to Choose the Right Type of Furniture for Your Living Room
By Jay Cranor
In a house, the living room is the most important place. It is the area where family spends most of their time together enjoying the TV shows and get togethers. Thus it requires your living room to be attractive and pleasant to the guests. Choosing the right type of furniture for your home is a tricky job. Furniture of your living rooms must possess some qualities like:
1. It should acquire minimum surface area and give maximum seating space. While selecting furniture, must take the measurement of your room and then make the plans for optimum space usage.
2. Choose the furniture which can pass your doorways. If you select a furniture that cannot come in your room from your door is useless. Make sure to take a measurement of your door before selecting furniture.
3. If your living room is to be used regularly for family hangouts, then you are going to need rigid and stain resistant furniture. But if your living room is used occasionally for the guests then you can opt for the sophisticated antique furniture.
4. Select the furniture that match your room’s architecture, especially it should make a contrast with your wall paint. Traditional furniture is the best choice as it can suit any room. But if you are looking for something trendy then modern furniture is the perfect choice.
5. Choose the furniture with tough wooden frame and comfortable seats that can give physical ease to the person sitting on it.
6. First decide the essentials to buy for your living room. It must contain sofa, coffee table, arm chair and side chair.
7. Decide the type and shape of the sofa that can best fit your room. Then choose the orientation in which you want to place. According to you need, you can select sofa from various variety of shapes like, L-shaped, round shaped, curved shaped and the classic shaped. L-shaped best fits the open areas, round shaped are usually chosen for small areas, and classics can be used in any case.
8. Now come the point of choosing the fabric for your sofa, if you have children and pets at your home, then you should not select delicate fabrics like suede and cloth. In this case choosing the leather is best, as it last for long and is easy to be cleaned.
9. The tables and chairs can be matched according to your sofa, architecture and need. You can choose from a wide variety of products like wooden and steel tables with the glass tops and classical wooden table.
10. If you have a smaller space and you only use your living room for entertaining occasional guests then instead of the big furniture use something compact and trendy. They occupy less space and can be used for multi purposes.
While choosing the right type of furniture for your living room, you should take care of all the above qualities. Your living room must have all the essential furniture to offer the required sitting space for your family.
"About Author - Jay Cranor is an home improvement specialist and an independent interior decorator in Melbourne. His passion of finding beautiful design of furniture and home accessories and sharing it with others led to creation of his blog - coffeyfurniturenc.com. Visit his blog and find some great home improvement write-ups and other beneficial tips to enhance the beauty of your home. "
AROUND THE WEB